Sony has announced another large firmware update for the PMW-F5 digital cinema camera. Lots of changes are coming and once again Sony’s surprising us with some previously unknown features.
1. High Frame Rate (HFR) Recording In case of XAVC 1920x1080P, you can select 120FPS HFR recording. And in case of RAW recording with AXR-R5, you can select 120FPS, 180FPS and 240FPS HFR 2KRAW recording with no windowing of image sensor. When recording HFR more than 120FPS, moiré might occur in high frequency areas of the picture. You can reduce moiré by attaching an optional CBK-55F2K Optical 2K Filter. When you would like to check which filter is attached, please push STATUS button and check Camera status screen.
2. Simultaneous recording XAVC HD and 2KRAW on 120FPS In case of RAW recording with AXR-R5 and selecting 120FPS, F55/F5 and R5 can simultaneously record XAVC HD on SxS Memory and 2KRAW on AXS Memory.
3. 24.0p system frequency 24.0p system frequency is supported on XAVC and RAW recording mode.
4. XAVC 2048x1080P XAVC 2048x1080P format is supported on F55/F5. Supported system frequency is the same as XAVC 1980x1080P.
5. Support Mount Adapter LA-FZB1/FZB2 LA-FZB1 and LA-FZB2 are supported. Two third inch lenses can be attached to F55/F5 and communicate information with F55/F5.
6. Direct setting items on the sub display are expanded You can set “Audio level control”, “Audio channel select” and “Time code setting” directly from the AU/TC button next to sub display. And you can control “All File Load” “Scene Recall” and “Lens Recall” directly from the FILE button. Additionally you can control “Color Bars”, “Auto White”, “Auto Black” and “SDI(Sub) Disp On/Off” from the CAMERA button page.2.
7. Additional displayed information on Sub display Audio level scale is displayed between CH2 and CH3 level meter. And Clip name is displayed between Time code and media remain. It displays recording clip name on recording, next clip name on stand-by and playing clip name on playback.
8. Control EI value and MLUT ON/OFF on Sub display On CineEI mode, you can control EI value (13 steps) and MLUT On/Off on Sub display.
9. S-Log2 is added as MLUT P4 S-Log2 is added for the selectable MLUT P4 on CineEI mode.
10. Waveform, Vector and Histogram monitor on VF and SDI OUT You can display Waveform, Vector and Histogram monitor on VF and Monitor out by the assignable button.
11. False Color function on DVF-EL100 and DVF-L700 False Color function helps users to adjust proper exposure easily and speedily. This function works on S-Log2 Gamma (Custom mode) or S-Log2 MLUT (Cine-EI mode) selected. When you press SPARE button on VF, 6 colors are displayed on VF. In order to use this function, DVF-EL100 and L700 need to be update V1.1 firmware which released today, 5 th of October, with SERVICE JIGs. Please ask sales or SONY SERVICE for updating. Please note that V1.1 of DVF-EL100 and DVF-L700 work with ONLY V2.0 of F55/F5. When you attach V1.1 of EL100 and L700 to V1.22 and earlier of F55/F5, you can see nothing on the VF.
Click here to read about all the changes.